Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Some People

Sorry that I have been away, I has been a REALLY messed up week. Let me just say that I will be soooooooo glad when this month is over that I will probably party for a week.

I know that I shouldn't harp on things, but when it comes to being a mom and not having a mom, its hard. It has now been 14 years and 5 days since my mom passed away and it is still so hard to make it through this week of the year (her birthday is Friday 2 days from now). Sierra-Lynn makes it easier (some days). In about an hour my house will be filling up with children. I have yet to make Sierra-Lynn hate today as much as I do (maybe someday). ;) Any who, we are having a Valentine's luncheon/play date. I will post photos tomorrow (hopefully).

Back to the title of this posting "Some People". Sometime this week Mark and I have to go up to the court house and get a restraining order against one of our neighbors. I had hoped that it wouldn't come to that, but I was wrong. Let's go back in time to just before Halloween of 2006. Sierra-Lynn and I had made friends with Mindy. I thought that (if nothing else) she could be a "grand mother" figure for Sierra-Lynn, and everything was fine until Halloween came around. She had carved her pumpkin (which was a really cute face that she did free hand). I made one small comment about the moon and star that she put on the sides of the face (they were bigger than the face). I asked her if she thought that she could have gotten them any bigger. Now take into consideration that I was smiling and had a laugh to my voice.

Things were fine (or so I thought), until later that night. She called my house and started cursing Mark out. He told her that she needed to talk to me if she had a problem with me. So image the scene the next day. She comes over and almost breaks my back door down, I answer only to be verbally assaulted. She used every 4 letter word in the book and she did it in front of my (at the time) 3 year old. Mark and I made the decision that night that we didn't want her around Sierra anymore. Which worked out fine, until Sunday.

We went to Wal-Mart and there she was. I did my best to avoid her, but I failed miserably. She started talking to Sierra like I wasn't there and like everything was fine between us. I still didn't want her talking to my baby, so I said that I would appreciate it if she would not talk to my child. Now anyone else would have said fine, whatever and walked away, but not Mindy. Granted she walked away, but she came back. She got in my face. She pointed her boney finger at me and she told me that I shouldn't have done that (twice). She then said "Your husband works here. He talks to me all the time. You had better watch out. You shouldn't have done that." Then she called me a Bitch. Before we leave the store, she runs into to Mark, the poor guy had went to get shaving creme and didn't see it coming. She told him that his wife was a bitch and that we would regret telling her not to talk to Sierra and she threatened his job. She even called and talked to management trying to get him fired. All of this because we don't want her to talk to our kid.

And to make matters worse, one of the co-managers (I won't name names) told Mark that if we don't get a restraining order, he could lose his job. Now ain't that a bitch?

1 comment:

Juli said...

Sounds like she's off her meds!! Glad you're back and I'm sending you a BIG hug to help you make it through the week.