Saturday, August 25, 2007

What's New With You?

Sorry that it has been so long since I last posted, I have been tired. I know, that's no excuse, but it is all I got.
Last week I had an ingrown toenail cut out (I am so very tired of dealing with those damn things). Sierra-Lynn threw such a fit when Mark took her out into the lobby that both of them were asked to leave the building. Then she expected to get a new toy (or something), I don't think so.
I was also able to get a hold of someone from Girl Scouts. Sept. 10, is their registration night and the night that my baby girl becomes a Daisy. She can't wait (neither can I). I am a tad bit nervous about it though, since I have absolutely no idea as to what goes on in Girl Scouts. I wonder if she will get to sell the cookies? I love the peanut butter and chocolate ones, which is funny because I am not that found of peanut butter cups, oh well.
They are FINALLY allowing overtime at Mark's work again (in a few weeks). That works out perfectly with Sierra-Lynn's birthday. Unfortunately for her, he won't be able to work enough overtime to allow us to send her to gymnastics, maybe she'll settle for some kind of dance class or maybe a music lesson? Are you available for piano lessons, Dee Dee? ;) We are going to wait (just a little bit) to start anything though, we want her to be used to Girl Scouts first and don't want to over schedule her.
Have I mentioned lately that Sierra-Lynn is growing up? Well, she is and very fast. She is no longer afraid of the pool (still trying to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing). She even got in her friend Ella's pool, without me getting in. Of course it was only about 2 1/2 feet deep, but still. And today she went (with her friend Mia) on Super Bus. Super Bus is a church bus for Faith Christian Family Church. It marked the first time that she has gone anywhere without me or Mark (and wasn't family). She skipped across the street, a step ahead of me, and climbed up the steps. She didn't even look back. Mia climbed on next and off they went for almost two hours of fun.
Mark wasn't there when she got on the bus, he was walking the neighborhood checking out the sales (we were finally aloud to have a neighborhood yard sale). When he came back, he didn't even ask where she was, he claims that he thought that she was inside playing. After he found out, he paced like a caged lion until the bus came back (with the exception of the few minutes that he played Frisbee with Mia's two brothers, Christian and Jacob. He was the first parent to the bus, God forbid they should not bring her back. She was all smiles (except for a few tears because she wanted to go back and she thought that Daddy was mad). She said that she learned about Jesus and sang songs and she brought home a pretty picture for Mommy. That reminds me, I need to put it on the fridge.
The best part of it is that she had fun and wants to go back! What ever will I do with two hours to myself?

No comments: