Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bunnies!!!!!

Things have been crazy around here, and I just want to say "Thank God February is over."


I was able to find a book called "What your Kindergartner needs to know". Let me tell you, Sierra-Lynn already knows 90% of what's in it. None of the 1st graders that I know (that go to Warrenton) know some of the stuff in this book. My friend Tori's 4th grader still hasn't been taught the continents or anything about the presidents. Which makes feel really could about Mark's and my decision to home school both Sierra-Lynn and Jackson.


Things are going good in Sierra-Lynn's Girl Scout troop, yep that's right, she is still a Daisy. At the last meeting they got to make heart shaped potpourri things and they planted daisies. Both of us had fun (a first at these meetings). And all of the girls loved Jackson, I think that he was the highlight for them. Now if we could just get Pam to give up the money that rightfully belongs to our troop, but that is stress for another day.


You may have noticed the title for this blog, it's actually a funny story. Mark was teaching Sierra-Lynn science this morning and he asked her "what do you think of when you think of plants?" Right when he asked this, I was handing Jackson his bunny and said "bunny". Needless to say the whole lesson, which was supposed to be about plants, ended up being about bunnies. So we will try again tomorrow to make sure that she has learned everything she needs to about plants. Hopefully I will have my voice back and I can do it, who knows what she will learn if Mark gives her her lesson!


Jackson can grab his toes now. He just doesn't let them go. ;)

No comments: