Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So little time....

Lots left to do.

Its amazing how your children getting H1N1 can throw off your whole schedule. Last Tuesday, Sierra laid down on the couch and whined "Mommy, I don't feel good." I almost burned my hand on her forehead. Thankfully, everyone is okay. I don't know if Mark and I had it, but we probably did.

We had to go see Dr. Williams today. This man has got to be the dumbest man on the planet. As a pain management doctor, one would think that he would at least try to find out what is causing Mark to be in pain. Wrong! All he does is tell us "its all in your head." Man, I didn't know that Mark having something wrong with his head would cause other people to see a huge softball sized knot in his back, but apparently it can. Something else I learned is that pain is contagious. That's right PAIN!!!!!!!!! Be careful out there folks, if someone around you is in pain, you can catch it. I've been around many people who were in pain, and guess what. The only time that I have felt actual pain is when I was hurt, usually from someone hitting me or throwing me down the stairs, or running me over with a car, or using my head to open a microwave. Never did I feel the actual physical pain just because someone around me was in pain. Just think, this is the man that workman's comp put my husband's life in. I feel so safe, don't you?

After this complete waste of time, we decided to try our luck at grocery shopping at Aldi's. That would have been great, if we hadn't ran into the Randles. I thought that I had dealt with how angry they make me, but then I saw Tori today and all the anger come flooding back. It was like 9 months hadn't passed. Like it was the fourth of January all over again. Just what I needed today right?

I swear if we make it through this year, I'm getting us shirts that say I survived 2009.

Today wasn't all bad. To make us feel better, we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. If my internet was better than dial up, I'd post a video of Jackson and Sierra on the tractors. Sierra also milked the wooden cow, or at least tried to, it was out of "milk". The kids played in a huge barrel of beans, Sierra ended up having both of her boots fill with beans. Funny for me, not so funny for her, dried beans are apparently very painful when you step on them. Then we picked out pumpkins. Jackson chose a orange and white striped Jack-be-little and Sierra decided that she wanted to get 3 gourds instead of a pumpkin. You gotta love a trip any where with 2 kids that costs less than $5, $1.75 to be exact.

I am also one step closer to painting Sierra's room. She finally had her room clean when I went to tape her room, so I got to get that step done. Hopefully I will have the time to paint at least part of it tomorrow. I feel bad that it isn't done, but like I said, getting H1N1 throws you off.

No comments: