Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Results Are In!!!!!!!!

I had my glucose test on Monday (I know I need to update this more often), everything looks great. When I arrived at the doctors office I felt like I was going to pass out, I could feel my blood sugar dropping, it was 74. One hour after drinking, what tasted like an Orange soda minus the sugar, my blood sugar was only 121 and I was feeling great. Okay, maybe not great but not like I was going to pass out either.
Sierra-Lynn is apparently not loving the doctors office that much anymore, she whined the whole time "I want to go home mommy.". Mark and I both had to tell her (a million times) that if she can't behave then she will have to go to a sitter when I go to the doctor. I don't think that she cares.
Home school is going swimmingly. By the end of the week she will know how to write all of her letters (she can already recognize about 90% of them). Although she does get "M" and "W" backwards or as she says bass ackwards, guess where she picked that up at? She can write her name, without looking at it, although it looks like this "SiERRA". She only uses a lowercase i, everything else is uppercase. Next week we start her numbers, she can say them and recognizes most of them, but she can't write all of them, she will work on that next week. After I am 150% sure that she has them down, we will learn the phone number. Mark has already tried doing number sequencing and phone number learning at the same time and got her confused. Today she asked me what our address was (handing me a pen and notebook) and asked me to write it down. When she saw it written, her little jaw hit the floor, it was so very cute.
She can also write "mom" and "dad" and is working on learning how to write "Jackson" (all without looking at it in writing). Every time she writes a new word she gets so excited. So do I, that means that there is one more word that she can read. Like tonight, while reading her a bedtime story, she was reading it with me. And, no it was not one that we read a lot, it was "Sleeping Beauty", and she has only seen the movie once, about a year ago. She told Mark and I that she can read some, but didn't want to tell us, because she thought that if we knew that she could read that we wouldn't read to her anymore. Hell, if she wants me to read to her when she is 15, I will, because it will mean that she wants to spend time with me.
It seems like just yesterday she was my little baby and now she is 5 weeks away from being 5 years old. Where did my baby go? The little girl who wanted to cuddle with mommy. The little girl who wanted me to read her the same book 10 times in a row. I miss her. Now its all about playing with her friends and doing school work. Sunday, Mark was off so I gave her the day off from school work (she gets two a week, usually Mark's days off). Anyway, I gave her the day off from it and she almost went ballistic because we weren't going to do anything. We did play a few games of "Don't spill the beans", she thinks that it is called "Spill the beans". The little barrel thing will be leaning one way and instead of putting her bean on the opposite side she puts it on the side it is leaning towards and they all fall out. It is a nice change of pace to actually win a game against her, she kicks my butt at "go fish". ;)

No comments: