Sunday, September 23, 2007

Updates

It has been a week for the Bennett's.

The 15th was mine and Mark's 6 year anniversary. I spent the morning (2 hours of it at least) enjoying the quiet that comes with Sierra-Lynn at Super Bus, Mark had to work. :( After he got off work, Sierra-Lynn was able to talk him into taking her to Strashenbash, she was hoping to run into her friend Amelia (we didn't). Although she did get some cotton candy, I on the other hand fell on my butt, twisted my ankle and scraped my elbow (or in the words of Sierra-Lynn "my oboe") up pretty bad. Sunday was spent laying on the couch wishing that I wasn't such a klutz. ;)
"I'm big girl. Now go away, please!"
Monday, Mark had a company ordered reset, which meant working overnight (boo). I ended up getting burnt, not once but twice. Once by a pizza pan that had just come out of the oven (Mark's fault) and once after I had put the princess to bed, while working on some sewing projects (15 down, 15 to go by the end of October). I do remember about 10 years ago saying that I would never use an iron again, apparently I lied. The ironic thing about this is that I was leaving boot camp when I said that and I was ironing fabric for a military outfit for Sierra-Lynn (a possible Halloween costume).

"Look Mommy, I can stand up!"

Wednesday, Mark finally got to meet Sierra-Lynn's Head Start lady, Shirley, and Sierra-Lynn got her first Spanish lesson (mommy and daddy). Then on Friday, Sierra-Lynn and I went to the apple orchard with Head Start. The group from Parents as Teachers was also there, and I can tell you first hand that kids say whatever pops into their heads. Lynne, Sierra's former parent educator from P.A.T., tried to give her a hug and Sierra pops off with "I like her (pointing at Shirley) better than you." I could have died right there, I should have known that she would say something like that, considering that she said it at home a few days before. Mark and I told her that she wasn't not to say it to anyone and she says it to Lynne, Lynne almost cried.

"Look at me."

I had to lie and tell Lynne that Sierra sometimes says that she likes her Aunt Dee Dee more than me, thankfully she bought it.
Sierra, myself and Penny the donkey
And at some point this past week, I received a phone call from Mark's Aunt Pam (a complete surprise). To my knowledge, no one has heard from the woman in over a year. She even wanted to know how everyone was doing. Not that she listened to much, every time that I said anything, she had a story similar to it about her grand baby. Typical Pam! She talked my ear off for over 70 minutes, thankfully someone knocked on the door trying to sell me something. It gave me an excuse to get off the phone. If more people loved me (or Mark) I could have gotten off to answer the other line.

No comments: