Friday, November 14, 2008

A Tale Of Lies

For the last 15 plus years, my family has been lying to me and my brother. Lies to get us to hate. Keeping my brother away from his dad and two little sisters.

I know this because I have been emailing one of the sisters and she put me in touch with Ralph (the dad). We talked, through email, last night for about an hour. Once I was able to let go of the hate and the anger that I had carried around for most of my life, I started thinking back to what I really remembered. Yes, Ralph had a temper and didn't handle things right sometimes, but he was also between the ages of 22 and 25 when he was with my mom. Anyone who has been around a guy of that age knows that they have a long way to go to fully mature.

Yes, he did hit my mom sometimes, but there were good times too. I remember those now that I put aside the crap that I was told by my sister and uncles. I also got the only thing that I have wanted from him, an apology. I plan to put the past to rest and move on. My family has caused enough hurt. My question to them, how can you hurt a child the way that you did? All the lies make you the bad person/people. As I have said, lying for any reason is never good and will always come back to bite you in the a** in the end.

1 comment:

Juli said...

People lie for so many reasons. They lie to "protect", to "omit", to make themselves feel better, and they lie in the hopes of making you take on their views. No matter what the reasons, lies always hurt someone. I'm glad you were able to hear the truth and sort through what mattered and what did not. Carrying around hate is sooo burdensome. I bet you feel a million times better. And it shows that YOU are the bigger person.