Thursday, January 4, 2007

2007

The new year is finally here. (Thank God!!!!)
So far this year has been spent working towards making my resolutions happen. I know that we are only 4 days into 2007, but its never to late to start. I started this year weighing 218 pounds (Grrrrrrrrrrr) and am down 1 (happy happy joy joy). I am making myself accountable to the readers of this blog and http://mom-2-mom.blogspot.com to get the weight off for good (I heard that is a great way to do it). I am also making use of my gazelle (my legs are hurting, but they are also looking good (now if I could do something about my stomach)).

After a trip to the toy store, yes toy store, we now have 3 swords. To get closer to your husband and child (and to bring them closer to each other) buy a soft sword for each family member and beat each other up. Who would have thunk it? Yesterday I actually told Sierra-Lynn to go beat up her dad, she hits him with her sword and laughs, then gets hit and laughs harder. I love it.

On New Year's Eve I rearranged mine and Mark's room and now it looks twice as big and is clean for the first time since we moved. ;) Once the tree is back in the storage unit and I can get my living room back from the holidays I will be able to find the office (it is currently filled with everything that couldn't be in the living room and didn't seem to fit anywhere else, our catch all if you will). Once that is done I will be closer to getting and keeping my house clean.

I have spent the last few days (when Sierra naps or is just watching a movie in her room) working on my January sewing. A new bedspread and pillow cases for Mark and I, a dress for Sierra-Lynn, birthday/Easter gifts for Hannah and Sierra-Lynn and a couple of baby outfits. It's never to soon to start working on a wardrobe for a baby. No, we are not expecting yet, but I have no baby stuff so I have to start now.

I still need to work on staying in touch with friends and not putting myself last, but 4 out of 6 isn't bad.

No comments: