Friday, January 19, 2007

This Week

Like I have said before, I suck at titling things.

This week in the Bennett household has been relatively slow. We did our taxes and went out to "Pizza Street" (Mark has been sick ever since). He thinks that he may have eaten an onion, I hope not as he is extremely allergic.

Mark and I are under the impression that Sierra-Lynn knows her ABC's. Yesterday, Mark started saying them and she chimed in, he stopped and she kept going. When I asked her to say them again she got all bashful and left the room, so I don't know.

We did rent some movies; "Employee of the Month" this one is funny. Jessica Simpson shows that under all that hair, she does have brains (along with huge ears); "Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning" in my opinion much better than the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", although I have to wonder, if everyone dies, how does anyone know what happened?; and finally "The Wicker Man".
This has to be Nickolas Cage's worst film yet. If you have not seen it, don't. The whole movie has Nick running all over an island that is owned by the leader of a bee worshiping cult that fancies women being superior to men (not that that is a bad thing, just can't deal with the whole bee thing). Anyway, he is looking for a little girl who was reported missing by his ex girlfriend. You guessed it, the little one is his. Along the way he finds out that they plan to sacrifice this girl because their honey crop was the worst in their history. He finally manages to save her (right before the event and right at the end of the movie). They run and like a moron he follows her, she leads them right back to the swarm of bee worshipping beotches and their drones who attack him, break his legs and then lift him to the top of a wicker man. Rowan (his little girl) then takes a torch and burns the man (a giant man made of wood and filled with animals and NC). The movie ends with Nickolas Cage at the top of this wicker man screaming as he burns to death and the rest of the cast chanting "the drone must die". That's it in a nut shell, there is an alternate ending, but I didn't watch that (the main movie was just a little to weird to want to waste anymore time on it). Hopefully in the future we can look forward to better movies from both Nickolas Cage and Leelee Sobeski.

2 comments:

Juli said...

You're right!! It sounds terrible, I will be crossing that OFF my list of "movies to see". Thanks for the summary. It's been a while since I watched a great movie, although last week I watched John Tucker Must Die. It was cute in a teeny bopper kind of way...mindless entertainment never hurt anyone, though. Tell Mark I hope he feels better!!!

Buffie said...

I agree that was a good movie.

I am a lover of horror movies, but lately they all suck. Take "Pulse" Mark and I rented that over Christmas and couldn't even finish it, it was that dumb.

If you want to watch a good movie (barring that you haven't seen it)try "The Devil Wears Prada". I was at the library one day and found an audio book by the same author called "Everyone worth knowing" (This was before the movie came out). Both are excellent.