Monday, November 20, 2006

I suck at titles.

I'm feeling much better today, thanks Juli. I guess that's what good friends are for. I had a nice long chat (IM) with her the other day and she did what she has always done, been my friend. The world needs more people like her.
I also received an email from ... wait for it.......my father. Yes, shocking, I know. Showing a real interest. Maybe there is hope for the boy yet (I'm not gonna hold my breath). What did he want? He wanted a picture or two of Sierra-Lynn's birthday party, ok, so there was a little prompting from me, but he still emailed. Non of it was readable, but he sent one, and that's all I asked. For him to make an effort.
I also received an email from Stoney Point Baptist Church in the Knoxville, TN area. Shane Gregg is going to put me in touch with some of my friends from there. I do miss them, Lord knows that the churches up here in the St Louis area leave much to be desired. I miss the down home God is in the house and you know it feeling. I miss the singing and the fellowship that followed. And I miss the way I felt when I was there, like I belonged.
You know, its funny. Life can take you all over, and you can meet hundreds of people, but very few will touch your heart and change your life. I have made friends all over this country and its seems like this is the predestined time for me to find them all again. Now if I could just find my best friend from Kindergarten, Jessica (Mason) Ford. The last thing that I knew, she was getting married to a man named Jeff Ford and they were moving to Amarillo, TX. They were supposed to work together at Southwest Baptist Church in Amarillo. I would really like to catch up with her. We haven't seen each other in about 20 years, but we had always managed to keep in touch, that is until we graduated from High School. If you know her (or are her) leave a comment or email me. We have so much to catch up on.
I'll be back.............in a minute with a story written over 11 years ago. Bye.

No comments: