Thursday, November 30, 2006

Its Birthday time again


Today marks what would have been my mother-in-laws 61st birthday. She was a wonderful person, who raised three very bright and caring children. She also managed to find a man that she loved enough to stay with for 40 years. Isn't that amazing in today's society? A lover of diet Pepsi and three musketeers (the candy bar), a loyal follower of Jesus Christ and a good friend she is still loved by all who knew her. Here is a photo of her from my sister-in-law Dee Dee's wedding. (One week from today (Dec 8) marks the 1 year anniversary of her passing.) Wish us luck getting through it in one piece.


I am told that she loved the snow, though I didn't see that first hand, she would have loved today. Well, maybe, we haven't exactly gotten any snow. Just a full days worth of sleet and freezing rain. When will it end? :)


All day I have been asked, by my hug-a-bunch (Sierra-Lynn), "mommy, when can I go play in the snow?" My reply "when we get some snow." I know how frustrating it can be to want something so badly and not be able to get it. My want is a day of quite. Is that possible with a 4 year old? I'm thinking not. I'll deal with the noise, why? Because I wouldn't change to a life without her for the world.

No comments: